How we raise funds
Raising over £15,000 in only 3 years is quite an achievement for a small group. We could not have done this without the support of friends, families and staff within the centres, support from staff and patients at the Rivers Hospital, and massive support from the community at large.
Here are some of the things we have done so far:
- Applied for local community grants
- Formed strong bonds with Local Rotary Clubs
- Provided collection boxes at key events
- Liaised with local schools who have lent art work and organised within school fund raisers.
- Supported key staff and friends who have given up their time, to organise fundraising events which have included excellent Tombolas, busy Raffles, superb music Gigs, and many more besides!
All fund raising ideas and offers welcome. Now that we are a registered charity you can set up a Just Giving page on our behalf and help us claim Gift Aid on all donations!
How we spend our funds
So far, we have
- Organised and supported activities for residents within the centres
- Organised and supported trips out into the community
- Offered homely touches within the centres, including plants and art, and extra specialised equipment
- Transformed the gardens around both units.
- Relieved poverty by providing Clothing and Toiletries to those residents in financial hardship
We are always open to ideas and suggestions from residents, family and friends.