Why choose us?
Choosing care for a loved one is so very important and you want to be sure you are making the right decision. With the facilities and staff we have in place at our centres we can make this decision easier for you:
- Staff are highly trained and take pride in delivering care to the highest possible standards
- 24 hour specialist nursing care supported by dedicated GPs and consultants in rehabilitation who provide any medical advice and support
- Release efficiency savings by freeing-up scarce NHS resources able to support complex disability management and slow stream rehabilitation
- Close working relationships with other agencies, clinical disciplines and networks
- Rehabilitation success - case studies presented at national conferences
- Our residents are supported to engage in local community services in leisure activities and educational facilities
- While providing a homely environment we also concentrate on maximising, through slow stream rehabilitation, the potential functional ability of our residents
- Goals and objectives for the future are developed in partnership with residents, relatives and funders
- Wheelchair adapted minibus to facilitate excursions to local events and places of interest
Facilities at our centres are homely and well presented and include:
- All bedrooms adapted to each resident’s requirements according to their needs with en-suite facilities, profiling electric bed, TV and telephone, as well as broadband access.
- Communal areas with a main dining room and a choice to relax in any of the lounges.
- A number of outside decked patios, gardens and walkways.
- Fully equipped therapy gym and multi-sensory room, along with an activities workshop in which residents can spend many hours painting, creating sculptures and various crafts or spending time on the computer.
- Regular group activities include movie night, quizzes, craft workshops, cake making and much more.
- Own wheelchair adapted minibus to facilitate excursions to local events and places of interest, as well as outings to pubs, theatres and shops.
What everyone should know…
For anyone who has survived an acquired brain or spinal injury or has a complex neurological condition, the ability to choose how and where they live can sometimes be limited. For those living in or within reach of Hertfordshire or Gloucester, our centres provide superb accommodation and specialist services for people with neurological disabilities or terminal illness.
Although privately owned and managed by Ramsay Health Care UK, most of its residents are publicly funded either by the NHS, Continuing Health Care or Social Services.
We always maintain a high ratio of registered nurses and care staff to the residents. The number of nursing and care staff on duty each day aims to be appropriate to meet the varying needs of our residents.
Each centre has skilled registered nurses on duty 24 hours a day, supported by highly trained care staff with the service overseen by experienced clinical managers.
A key worker system operates at the centres and regular reviews of care needs, care delivery and therapy requirements are conducted for each resident by internal and external teams.