Why choose us?
Choosing care for a loved one is so very important and you want to be sure you are making the right decision. With the facilities and staff we have in place at our centres we can make this decision easier for you.
Our multidisciplinary team provide:
- Care for complex neurological needs, whilst offering a homely environment
- Consultant specialist input; Consultant in rehabilitation medicine, with regular multidisciplinary review of needs
- Specialist therapy including physiotherapists, occupational therapists, speech and language therapists and therapy assistants, dieticians and pscyhologists.
Our specialised units offer:
- A wide range of specialist input and facilities
- Activities focused on residents' own interests and goals (social, recreational, educational, vocational).
- On-site therapy services
- Respiratory support through a tracheotomy and ventilator
- Gym, sensory rooms and therapy kitchen
- Access to off site hydrotherapy and aqua therapy
- Transport facilities with fully accessible minibuses
What everyone should know…
For anyone who has survived an acquired brain or spinal injury or has a complex neurological condition, the ability to choose how and where they live can sometimes be limited. For those living in or within reach of Hertfordshire or Gloucester, our centres provide superb accommodation and specialist services for people with neurological disabilities or terminal illness.
Although privately owned and managed by Ramsay Health Care UK, most of its residents are publicly funded either by the NHS, Continuing Health Care or Social Services.
We always maintain a high ratio of registered nurses and care staff to the residents. The number of nursing and care staff on duty each day aims to be appropriate to meet the varying needs of our residents.
Each centre has skilled registered nurses on duty 24 hours a day, supported by highly trained care staff with the service overseen by experienced clinical managers.
A key worker system operates at the centres and regular reviews of care needs, care delivery and therapy requirements are conducted for each resident by internal and external teams.
All of our centres have a site based therapy team which includes:
- Experienced neurological physiotherapists
- Experienced speech and language therapists
- Experienced occupational therapists
- Therapy assistants, who have varying levels of experience and qualifications
- Activity facilitators with relevant experience, skills and professional support
Other team members that we work closely with include:
- Respiratory management nurse
- Infection prevention specialist nurse
- Rapid response services
- NHS specialist centres